• Search form is empty!

  • Plan the Design



        Over the next handful of weeks I will be discussing the steps I take to plan a web site. Every person that I have talked with about this subject has said mostly the same thing every time. Planning is the most important step. A poor conceptual design and plan of action will kill the project before it starts. In my case I have never had a client that I have built a website for, nor have I published a website of my own. On the bright side, I love to build them.
                  
        A website plan is made up of many steps:
                  Defining the purpose of the website
                  Narrowing down your target audience
                  Decide what fonts you want to use
                  Decide on a color palette
                  List all of the content that is needed on the site
                  Make an initial layout
                  Make a site map
                  Make necessary adjustments to layout
                  Decide functionality and how involved the user experience will be
                  Make necessary adjustments to layout
                  Choose languages and execute

        Join me on this journey of major importance and feel free to comment and ask questions, or even make suggestions. I would love to see what you have to say. Take this blog as a learning experience; I know I’m going to learn as much from many you as you will from me.

                                  

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment